WINS A CASH PRIZE…WIN A MENTORSHIP…SHOW YOUR DESIGNS
1. Must be 18 years or older, have been designing for three years or less, and living in the Tri-State Area.
2. Must digitally submit five (5) photo images of innovative and marketable sample designs from your collection shown on a dress form or still-life mannequin. NO FLAT SKETCHES WILL BE ACCEPTED. SUBMISSION DETAILS WILL BE POSTED ON OCTOBER 1st.
3. Must provide a brief bio as well as contact information such as:
Your name, the name of your collection and/or business, the full mailing address of your business, your telephone number, and your email address.
4. Must provide two reference letters documenting your credentials as an emerging designer or student designer along with the years that you have spent in the fashion business.
5. Must be prepared to meet with judges in person in our New York City office the week of November 1st, if you are selected as one of the finalist. A Threads of Color Board Member will contact each finalist by phone to schedule an appointment for the November 1st judging and review.
HOW TO SUBMIT DESIGNS:
1. Log onto www.screencast.com
2. Top Right – Sign in under email email@example.com
3. Password: threadscomp1
4. Click on “Create Folder” and name it with your full name
5. Click on “Upload Content” and fill your folder with your contact information and five (5) designs
Note: Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
REMEMBERING RON KNOTH
Ron was kind and thoughtful, he was inspirational through his actions. He was always helpful when and wherever possible. He was a leader when called upon. He was a keeper of details. He will be missed greatly among all those who have had the pleasure to have known him. -Tanya Tauthong
My sincere condolences to his family and friends. -Robert DiMauro
Tracy Reese is a well-established contemporary womenswear designer and an avid supporter of diversity. Her seasonal runway presentations always include models that represent a global mix from every nation. Find out more about this talented designer by visiting her website: www.tracyreese.com
Anne Bowen is an innovative bridalwear and eveningwear designer. She is well-established and enjoys providing educational opportunities for interns. Anne Bowen is allowing students to become a part of her team and experience first hand, the making of a seasonal fashion collection. Take a look at Anne Bowen’s website: www.annebowen.com
THREADS OF COLOR SALUTES AMERICA featuring designs from over 25 well-established, newly established, and emerging designers shown on Bernstein Mannequins at the Bernstein display showroom. Fallon Davis was given a scholarship that was presented by Honorary Board Member and Super Model Jany Tomba. It was a night of fun, food, and fashion. Review the Bernstein Display site and review their assortment of modern artistic mannequins www.bernsteindisplay.com
Bernstein Display Showroom 151 W.25th Street NYC